Welcome to the Myanmar/Burma forum

Min ga la ba - say hello here and introduce yourself to the forum.
Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the Myanmar/Burma forum

Post by Admin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:25 pm

We aim to provide the most comprehensive collection of current information, news and updates from Myanmar/Burma. The reason we have used both names is that many news agencies still use Burma and we do not want to miss anything.

This message board will also serve to answer questions about Myanmar for those interesting in travelling or investing in the country that has had its doors closed to the rest of the world for several decades.

We are happy to see them finally opening up and hope that this website will grow into a useful resource in the coming years.

Please feel free to join up and post any information or questions you have about Myanmar/Burma.

BBadmin

Saiua

Re: Welcome to the Myanmar/Burma forum

Post by Saiua » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Thank you very much for the invite to join the forum, and to ask questions. I know very little about the country, so will be keen learn.

somtam

Post by somtam » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:22 am

Likewise.
I've met people over the years who've traveled through or visited the country and most of the reports given were of a remarkable land.
As I live in Thailand, I've been over to Victoria Point on border runs maybe 70 odd times but other than once taking a motorcycle taxi over the hills for a few kilometers, I know nothing else about the place.
I'm looking forward to seeing the forum grow. Good luck.

Burmacuda

Post by Burmacuda » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:22 am

Been to the south a couple of times, next trip will explore Yangon a bit and head north.
Myanmar photo galleries: www.ontheroadasia.com

Mien Dien

Post by Mien Dien » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:06 pm

I have been accross the border at Mae Sai and Ranong and much prefer the previous one. Besides of the northern charm, there is an interesting Chinese market in Tachilek on the Burmese side. I have always found Victoria Point's Kawthaung quite boring.

Burma Joe

Post by Burma Joe » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Greetings all. I don't have much exprience about Burma but would like to visit there soon. Thanks for setting up this forum, I'm sure as time goes by, this will be a very useful place to find more and more info. Already, I have been able to find out a lot of interesting things here.

Aamir

Post by Aamir » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:53 am

This is extremely decent post much obliged a lot...!!

Sign up with VCAD510 - pass4sure for getting NS0-145 - braindumps - vce testking courses exam and Stanford University. We also provide best Hodges University and Keiser University with guaranteed success.
Last edited by Aamir on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nyinway

Post by Nyinway » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:28 pm

Transparency will be the norm for me. Every one will find "something" about Burma/Myanmar. Good or bad, positive or negative for the truth, it can be ugly and it can be pretty. In reality, there are things that we like and there are things that we don't like. Providing and painting the whole picture is helpful I think. Nature itself taught us that in life, it is just the times that are changing and we all are dancing (living) on the stage (life) until our days will end one day. So each and every day (alive) is a gift of compliments from God so.............................Enjoy ! :geek:
Myanmar’s beautiful scenes (pictures).
http://www.royal-myanmar.com/2012/05/py ... arden.html